Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder: An Anthology

According to a quick Google search, Roman poet Sextus made use of this phrase in god knows which era and saved countless lovers/friends from feeling absolute shit. How? Perhaps this phrase is what kept most people going through their challenging separation. Distance is a cruel thing, but when it is justified in miles, time zones, weather etc somehow you end up focusing on the good part of your relationship. I have clung to this feeling like a child to his mother for far too long. My partner has been away for the most part of our relationship and we knew this when we started dating. The pandemic however brought him unexpectedly closer to home and decreased our time apart significantly. 

Now that he is away again and I am not distracted by my otherwise demanding job, I find myself in a mess. My emotions are all over and I cannot think of anything else but my reunion with the love of my life. Ah! the thought makes me go giddy, I can replay the picture in my head again and again. But as much as I would love to pine over the feeling day after day, I need to find a constructive alternative to this energy. Love is a powerful emotion. Just like faith, it can also move mountains. If you don't understand this I suggest you read about Hanuman and the time he flew all the way from Ceylon to the Himalayas to bring the Sanjivni Parbat.  

Coming back to the point of utilising this powerful energy and emotion, I must write something different this time. I have always wanted to write an anthology and this theme seems suitable. It will most certainly distract me from my own story and with my characters, I can always imagine a happy reunion in different wonderful settings.  

Till then... we find ourselves longing for the one without whom we have no desire to live. 

Comments

Popular Posts