The Unsettling Of Being

Cold and distant, everything has stopped

Arrival of the foe cannot be blocked

My mind is still but running riot 

Oh dear, it's eerily quiet!


Hello foe, I say. You're not welcome to stay!

Forgive me if I am rude, I just want to intrude.  

The thoughts that keep you awake, the things you don't want to shake

All have made me to linger, sooner or later you'll be a drinker

No, I shout. Almost begging for a way out. 


Sad and caged, everything seems a waste

Arrival of the foe must be faced

Your mind is yours

Oh dear, what it endures! 


I'll fight, I say. You're not welcome to stay! 

Certainly dear friend, I just want to spend

Some time in your company, look what've you done to me

Made me so weak, let me at least speak

No, I shout. Lashing and screaming just get out. 


Did you hear? Didn't I say that loud enough

Enough for the echoes and silent cheer

Flee my mind, just flee! I don't want to ever see

Your crippling nature, you treacherous glee! 


A moment quiet and a moment awake

Until next time, it said. 'Till then I'll wait' 

Comments

Popular Posts